Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Brrrrr....

Well its been a while since we've posted anything. We've been quite busy with work and other activities. Plus we were staying at someone's place and didn't want to tie up thier phone line by being on the internet too much. It turned really cold today, it's been around -5 to 5 the last week or two. The high today was about -2 and when I left for work it was -22 and when I got home from work it was -31! It takes your breath away to breathe the air and it makes it hard for the car to start.

I've been out hunting alot and haven't had too much luck. One morning I went out I just happened to run into a fox coming down a path, it saw me and started to run and I shot it with a .22. It seemed to have good sign (fur and bloodtrail) but I tracked it for a ways and kicked it up once, and then it went into a den. I then figured I had better get a bigger gun if a .22 wouldn't even kill a fox quickly. So for my birthday, anniversary, and christmas present Charity let me get a Savage model 24 with a .222 over a 20 gauge. It's a pretty neat gun and I'm waiting for the scope mount to come in so I can put a scope on it. It has peep sights on it right now and I can hit a 1" bulls eye with it at 60 yards so now I just need to find something to test it on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home